СОР № 2 Английский язык 9 класс Unit: Exercise and SportНазад
Unit: Exercise and Sport
Read the advice from a sport expert.
‘Hello, my name’s Vernon Marchewski and I’m going to tell you about the best ways to improve your fitness. If you’re interested in being an athlete, or just doing sport for fun, this advice is for you.
I think the most important thing is to choose a workout that you enjoy. Don’t cycle if you don’t like cycling. You need to do something that will motivate you, so avoid activities that are too hard for you, or boring.
To make your workout more fun and challenging, do it a bit differently each time. Try a new activity, or vary how long you spend doing something, and how difficult you make it.
Another great way to motivate yourself is to make sure you have goals. For example, if you run 5 km a day, try to increase it to 6. But be careful, don’t overtrain. This can lead to injury, and your body needs to rest as well as work hard.
Look after yourself, remember to eat good food and drink lots of water. A healthy diet is the best way to a healthy body.
Finally, only use proper equipment. If you cycle, have your bicycle checked and repaired regularly. Only wear good running shoes, and invest in comfortable clothing’.
Complete each sentence using one word from the box and any other necessary information from the text.
1. Vernon __________________________________ for people interested in being athletes.
2. He _______________________ the audience ______________________ they enjoyed.
3. He _________________________________________________ too hard, or boring.
4. To make your workout fun, Vernon __________________________________________.
5. He ___________________________________ goals is a good way to motivate yourself.
6. He ___________________________________________________ lead to injury.
7. He ____________________________________________________ good food.
8. He ____________________________________________________ bad equipment.
1. giving advice
2. was talking and the audience were excited and
3. said that to choose the sport you don’t like will be
4. says that you need to choose the sport you like.
5. said that
6. use proper equipment
7.recommend to eat healthy and
8. said don’t use