СОР № 1 Английский язык 7 класс Communication and technologyНазад
Communication and technology
Work in groups of 3-4. Answer the question: “Are computers friends or troubles in teenagers’ study in modern world?” You have 5 minutes to brainstorm the ideas. Fill in the table with 3 positive and 3 negative reasons.
Computers and study
Write 3 positive reasons in what way computers help you in your study Write 3 negative reasons in what way computers distract you from study
1. 1. Addiction
Learners swap the papers and read the information of the other groups. Make comparison where it is possible. Learners discuss the results in any possible way.
Suggest learners to look at the map of 10 top countries with the highest number of Personal Computers.
Look at the map. Make some predictions what the map tells us about.
Together with your group give a summary including some interesting information.
Present the information in the following way:
It is interesting to us to know that
We have learned that
Example: It is interesting to us to know that India has the most number of computers than Italy and Brazil.
Three positive ways:
1. To access a lot of useful information directly from home.
2. Formation of students’ ability to search and filter information.
3. Communication with classmates and teachers.
Three negative ways:
1. Health problems. Frequent sitting at a computer or tablet can lead to redness and dryness of the eyes, impaired vision, impaired posture, muscle problems (from their prolonged immobility), oxygen starvation of the brain (as a result of compression of blood vessels and lack of fresh air), sleep disorders.
2. Psychological problems. Children who use gadgets a lot from an early age and spend little time with their peers may have problems with social adaptation. It is difficult for them to communicate with people, find a common language with them, they are timid and shy, know little about life outside the computer and often get lost in real life situations.
3. Dependence. This is the most serious consequence of using PCs and gadgets. It is formed under the influence of many aspects (frequent use of the device, lack of other interests in life, personal problems, etc.) and has a number of symptoms.
I am surprised that there are more computers in Russia than the UK. I was interested to find out where Italy is in terms of the number of computers.