СОР № 1 Английский язык 8 класс Our WorldНазад
Read the email below. What does Olivia talk about in the:
• first paragraph? _________________________________________________
• second paragraph? ______________________________________________
• third paragraph? ________________________________________________
• fourth paragraph? _______________________________________________
• fifth paragraph? _________________________________________________
1 You missed a great party on Friday. Everyone was there, and we all missed you so much. The food was great and the music was brilliant. I don’t think I’ve ever danced so much in my life.
2 Anyway, let me give you the gossip before anyone else does. I met a really interesting guy at the party. His name’s Harry and he’s from Toronto. I’ve never met a Canadian before. He’s in his last year at school and he’s over here visiting his cousin for the summer holidays.
3 But let me get to the interesting part. Harry must be the best-looking guy I’ve ever met. I mean he’s gorgeous. He’s average height. The first thing that caught my attention was his amazing blue eyes. They’re bright blue, like the colour of the ocean you see in those holiday postcards. I’m not exaggerating, honestly. His nose is quite small. He’s got a great smile too. It’s warm and friendly and you can’t help liking him immediately when he smiles at you.
4 But of course, the most important thing is that he’s a very nice guy too. He’s a very charming person and he made me feel good about myself. He said loads of nice things about me, which is always going to help you like someone, isn’t it? But he’s not just one of these guys who says things without meaning them. He came across as really being interested in me. I told him all about my problems with Lucy and he really listened. He was so sympathetic and he gave me some good advice too. Now, you don’t meet a guy who listens like that every day.
5 Well, the bad news is that he’s going back to Canada next week and I don’t think I’ll see him again. We said we’d email but you know how these things go. Never mind. It was just nice to have met someone so kind. Give me a call later. Love, Olivia
1. There was a great party on Friday and you missed it.
2. She met a guy named Harry who is from Canada.
3. Harry is very attractive. He is of average height. He is a smiling and friendly guy.
4. He is a nice and good person.
5. And he’s coming back to Canada next week.