СОР № 1 Английский язык 9 класс Charities and conflictsНазад
Charities and conflicts
There are statements on the topic “Charity”. Choose ONE statement and prepare a talk.
1. “I support a charity called Anti-bags, which encourages people to stop using plastic
2. “I’m raising money for people whose homes were destroyed in last year’s flood.”
3. “The charity which I support raises money for children who are seriously ill.”
4. “I donate money to charities dedicated to helping poor people in drought – affected
areas, who are at risk from starvation and disease.”
Which of these would you support?
Which other charities do you know about?
Would you like to do a voluntary work in a developing country? Why? Why not?
Choose one statement and prepare a 1-minute speech on it
Give 2-3 arguments supported with examples/evidence
Use subject-specific vocabulary
Use linking words and phrases to connect your ideas logically
Link comments to what other peers say
Learners stand in two circles: inner and outer. The learners from outer circle talk on a chosen
statement for a minute. The learners from outer circle listen to them and add comments to the
peers’ speech. Then, the learners from inner circle listen to them and add comments to the peers’
speech. When both learners from the inner and outer circles deliver their speeches, the learners
from outer circle make a step to the left and change partners. The process of exchanging ideas
starts again. The teacher facilitates through ongoing monitoring.
Teacher assesses learners using assessment criteria below and gives feedback to learners.
Teacher Assessment Criteria:
1. Content (relevance and development of ideas). Stay on topic and make ideas logical.
2. Organization (cohesion, paragraphing, and format).
3. Use linking words (at least 5 words).
4. Vocabulary (style and accuracy). Use and pronounce topical vocabulary correctly (at least 5).
5. Grammar (style and accuracy). Use appropriate grammar structure and complex
I support a charity called Anti-bags, which encourages people to stop using plastic bags. Global warming is very relevant now. That’s why I’m more supporting this charity and giving up plastic. Other options are also good. But I think this one suits me better, more precisely, that I can invest my benefit.